Join The Flock
Human Resources Generalist Job Invitation
• Are you a “people” person, who loves to communicate thoughts and ideas throughout an organization?
• Do you like solving fact-based problems with a sense of urgency, while multi-tasking solutions to problems?
• Are you naturally curious and proactive, getting others to cooperate along the way?
If you said yes to all of the above, The Black Sheep wants you to become the first Human Resources Generalist for our growing company!
• Lead talent acquisition and recruitment process.
• Conduct onboarding and training of new personnel.
• Facilitate team member performance review process.
• Administer compensation and benefits plan.
• Maintain legal compliance documentation.
• Promote conflict resolution policies in the workplace.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or equivalent.
• 2+ years previous experience in a Human Resources role, or similar role.
• Chicago residency.
Salary & Benefits:
• Competitive salary.
• Health, dental, vision insurance.
• Unlimited paid time off.
• Opportunities to pursue professional development.
• Two work from home days per month
• Free gym membership in the building
In order to be considered for the role, please take our internal survey and upload your resume. If you are a fit for the position, we will reach back out!
Who We Want in Our Flock
We are a group of individuals who come prepared every day, focus on what tasks are important and prioritize responsibilities. People who exercise self-discipline are proactive, not reactive.
BE TEAMWORK MINDED
We need and want people who are willing to help– whether that is teaching a skill set to someone who may lack it, or stepping up to help out if a team member is swamped, and you have a slightly lighter load. Being teamwork minded also means being able to respecting perspectives other than your own, and letting go of any mistakes that are made.
MAINTAIN A SOLUTIONS-ORIENTED MINDSET
There are a lot of resources available to you, maintaining a solutions oriented mindset is about your execution of using these resources. It’s imperative that you present solutions and explain the “why” behind those solutions.
EMBRACE CHANGE AND CHALLENGE
Change is inevitable and we need to view it as an opportunity, show resilience in the face of new ideas, and buy into those new initiatives.
PURSUE GROWTH AND KNOWLEDGE
There are many opportunities for growth professionally, but it’s also important for our employees to use their roles for personal growth.
We don’t build a strong, returning client base off of deceit. If we make a mistake, we own up to it– simple as that.
TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOUR ROLE
Take pride in your work, hit your weekly goals, treasure the autonomy of your role, and keep up with industry standards.