Join The Flock
About Our Housing Marketing Manager Position
Would you describe yourself as someone who can easily read a room and persuade others to follow you? A great storyteller who can easily paint a picture with your words? Someone who requires freedom? Independent and hardworking? Not super detail oriented, someone who prefers to “color outside the lines”? If you said “yes” to all of these, The Black Sheep is looking to hire a change-oriented Housing Marketing Manager to oversee marketing efforts for both The Black Sheep and our external clients.
• Communicate with, and provide oversight to on-campus representatives to ensure events are successful and completed on-time
• Work side by side with client-facing counterparts to ensure client satisfaction while maintaining productive relationships with campus representatives
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• A Chicago residency is mandatory so as to be able to work in our Chicago offices
Salary & Benefits:
• Competitive salary for an entry-level position in the marketing field
• Health, dental, vision insurance
• Unlimited paid time off
• Professional development funding and opportunities
• Two work from home days per month
• Free gym membership in the building
In order to be considered for the role, please take our internal survey and upload your resume. If you are a fit for the position, we will reach back out!
Who We Want in Our Flock
Ambitious individuals are self-starters and self-learners. They go out into the world searching for solutions to problems, then bring those solutions back to our organization. When surrounded by other ambitious individuals, this back-and-forth flow of knowledge makes the entire organization better, as we incrementally improve many things.
We need and want people who are willing to help– whether that is teaching a skill set to someone who may lack it, or stepping up to help out if a team member is swamped, and you have a slightly lighter load. Being nice is great, being helpful is going to get us where we want to be.
Hustle isn’t your capacity for grinding out 16-hour days or doing a million things at once. Rather, hustle is one’s ability to find creative solutions and apply those solutions to issues that pop up.
You’re going to get knocked down, the question is, can you pick yourself up in a way that won’t ruin your week or month? Those are the kind of people we want at The Black Sheep.
Mistakes happen– we need people who own up to them, allowing us to move forward with solutions, rather than determining the person accountable for the mistake.
We don’t build a strong, returning client base off of deceit. If we make a mistake, we own up to it– simple as that.
Everyone has bad days, but we hope that even in the midst of a trying time, employees can engage with their work in enthusiastic, meaningful ways.