Join The Flock
About Our Influencer Manager Position
Are you social by nature? Do you get a job done without anyone telling you because not doing it would drive you crazy? Are you looking for a job that sees you in constant contact with college students at universities across the United States? Then The Black Sheep is looking for you! We’re looking for an excellent communicator to join our team as an Influencer Manager. You’ll oversee our campus-level Micro Influencers, pushing them to be the best around through positive affirmation and consistent, friendly messaging. If that sounds just like you, apply today.
• Manage on-campus Micro Influencers
• Coordinate Micro Influencer photos with amenity-driven content at apartment complexes
• Creatively position our national brand campaign posts with branded material, remote locations, and relevant captions
• Edit captions to ensure they have appropriate photos, up-to-date promotions, correct hashtags, and location
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Social media proficiency
• A Chicago residency is mandatory so as to be able to work in our Chicago offices
Salary & Benefits:
• Competitive salary for an entry-level position in the social media field
• Health, dental, vision insurance
• Unlimited paid time off
• Professional development funding and opportunities
• Two work from home days per month
• Free gym membership in the building
In order to be considered for the role, please take our internal survey and upload your resume. If you are a fit for the position, we will reach back out!
Who We Want in Our Flock
Ambitious individuals are self-starters and self-learners. They go out into the world searching for solutions to problems, then bring those solutions back to our organization. When surrounded by other ambitious individuals, this back-and-forth flow of knowledge makes the entire organization better, as we incrementally improve many things.
We need and want people who are willing to help– whether that is teaching a skill set to someone who may lack it, or stepping up to help out if a team member is swamped, and you have a slightly lighter load. Being nice is great, being helpful is going to get us where we want to be.
Hustle isn’t your capacity for grinding out 16-hour days or doing a million things at once. Rather, hustle is one’s ability to find creative solutions and apply those solutions to issues that pop up.
You’re going to get knocked down, the question is, can you pick yourself up in a way that won’t ruin your week or month? Those are the kind of people we want at The Black Sheep.
Mistakes happen– we need people who own up to them, allowing us to move forward with solutions, rather than determining the person accountable for the mistake.
We don’t build a strong, returning client base off of deceit. If we make a mistake, we own up to it– simple as that.
Everyone has bad days, but we hope that even in the midst of a trying time, employees can engage with their work in enthusiastic, meaningful ways.